Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Quad Stack AK74 magazine Reserve not met on GunBroker

There was a quad stack 60 round AK74 mag that was on Gun Broker last week. It started at $600 and closed at $900 without meeting reserve! I'd agree they are an ultra rare collectors' item and maybe the only one in the United States, but I'm not going to spend $900+ on any one magazine (unless I hit the lottery). I'd also be afraid the the Russians will finally put these into regular production allow more to trickle in from individual collectors, if not even imported by distributors.


Overall, the design seems pretty interesting when you look at the patten diagram:
Basically a quad stack until it hits the divider and limits the feed down to double. I wonder though how reliable that is. The fact that it isn't in production in Russia would lead me to believe it isn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment